You can see a 3d model of our planned build out on YouTube (also embedded in this post).
A total of 3 rooms:
- Live room (with slanted ceiling following the existing roof line)
- Control Room (with flat ceiling as high as we can get it)
- Approx 6x6 vocal/iso booth.
- Double walls (room within room)
- Standard R12/R20 insulation between the walls
- Two layers of drywall, acoustically caulked/staggered seams with Green Glue between
- Windows assemblies are laminated glass (two thicknesses for each window, 7/16" and 9/16")
- Doors are solid core with weather stripping (additional mass might be added depending on how they perform).
- Electrical outlets sealed using Putty Pads
- Ceiling uses the same drywall sandwich as the walls
- Ceilings are drop ceilings isolated from the existing structure using Resilmount isolation hangers and some fancy schmancy ceiling grid.
And here's the planned floor plan with dimensions and notes: